Monday, April 11, 2011

Getting close!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been a little under the weather, plus I still haven't done my taxes. Plus I have a day job. Crap.

To get up to date as to what's been going on, please go here!

Anyway, donation offers have kind of just stopped dead after the initial wave, so I thought I'd do a final plea right before the go-live of the auction. I've also received quite a few offers that haven't been fulfilled yet, due to people's busy schedules, so I don't want to jump the gun and talk about them quite yet, plus I don't want anyone to be disappointed if they don't come through before the deadline.

However, I'm pretty sure I'm going to try and make this an annual thing, every tax day. My regular charity cause is The Make-A-Wish Foundation, and has been for over a decade now, but I never really do enough. So any items left over will rollover to next year.

-----------------------------

Sorry for the delay!

Some more updates: My art dealer Jason is going to be helping me on this auction. He has all the pieces, which now include some stunning artwork from genius artist Eric Canete!!!, and will be putting them up on eBay NEXT week. We have received a lot more than we originally thought we would, and I realized a little too late that starting a major project like this on tax day only makes sense if YOU've done your taxes beforehand. Which I still haven't.

So the timeline is this: MONDAY, or actual Tax Day, I'm going to announce and show everything we have available for auction, and it's a lot. That way people can actually anticipate and prepare for what they want to get, hopefully. Then the auctions themselves will start that week.

Given the volume of stuff, I'm not sure if the incentive idea with one big package being auctioned is feasible at the moment, so we might have to just do them all separately. I think this will also help generate the maximum amount of money fo everything. We'll probably stagger things a little bit as well, so there's not too much being auctioned off at the same time. But everything we have, and probably start dates, will be shown on Monday.

Thanks! Please email me at mikechoirants at g mail if you have any questions!

No comments: